Titanium Addiction

Sunday, March 04, 2007

Whew!

Two days of NAHBS and I am tired. Standing on my feet all day, talking about bikes and seat posts, it may sound like fun - okay it was! If you can arrange it at some point in your life, assuming you have an interest in all things bike related, want to learn some new things; you need to go to this show. It is amazing. The amount of talent in the room for making and designing bicycles. There were also a few head scratchers:



This is the display of a company called Thursday cycles. Note the outstanding use of cardboard. He had no stands for his bikes - oops. Either Kent or Katie was talking to him to see what he was about given the bizaar collection of bikes: bmx with a wierd fork, mtb, ss wierd design, etc. His response to who were his customers, "mostly crazy people". Here is one he did for a local sheep herder:



More later when I get back to T-town - need to get some sleep before I get schooled in climbing tomorrow. Me on a 29er and Kent and Katie on road bikes to do the Sierra Road climb. The trick in my back pocket is I am the one that knows the route.

3 Comments:

  • I loved the use of the super old school shimano Biopace cranks on that one thursday bike...Classic for sure..Don't think I'll be ordering up any of that dudes frames. Was Quiring there?

    By Blogger sworksredace, At 8:24 PM  

  • If you get dropped on your head and do order a Thursday - remind me not to ride behind you.

    Quiring was not there - at least showing anyway. It would probably be a good show for him if he wanted to grow outside the local market.

    By Blogger ask, At 7:54 AM  

  • Andy I would have to get dropped on my head to order one of those things? What the hell is with the name "Thursday"? I would have like to have met this guy just to give him some crap..TC

    By Blogger sworksredace, At 12:37 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home