Titanium Addiction

Saturday, January 20, 2007

I'm baaaaack

I know there was a lot of concern over my well being over the past few weeks. Rest assured, i am fine. My life just isn't as interesting as others who have addiction issues with this particular medium.

I have been staying on track with my riding - even though my TP has been quite negligent this year. Riding pretty strong for January all things considered. To date I have only ridden in the basement on two days. Unfortunately, I think that number will be increasing in the near future. I am working my way through a nice head cold and the outside ride yesterday with Jamie was much more painful than it should have been considering the effort I was putting out. The tough part is getting back into the strength training. Yesterday was shoulder and core work - the arms they are a crying today.

On the fun front, I am typing this on my new MacBook Pro. What a sweet machine!! I have only worked in the WinTel world for the past 15 years, so I am having some fun with this. It is amazing in that I have to use Windows to access my office remotely. It can be done easily using Parallels and running Explorer inside of that. The next big trick will be seeing if I can get some Windows programs to seamlessly slide onto this machine to run inside of Parallels. I am hopeful, but not optimistic, that I can get my Computrainer programs, and Ergomo related programs over. I will keep you posted. I also want to figure out how to use the silly little camera that is sitting in front of me on this thing - give me some time.

8 Comments:

  • Ergomo ? How do you like it? Device, software etc. I've been considering one myself

    By Blogger ..., At 12:33 PM  

  • The Ergomo is a nice set up. I tried ptaps and did not like being tied to a wheel. They were also pretty lousy on my mtb. The software for the Ergomos is great - none better as far as I am concerned. It will give you normalized power on the display, much more usefule than average, max., etc - which it will give you as well. I fried the bb on my 29er during the TransRockies and have had to replace the head unit on my road bike. Both were handled quickly and without too much aggravation. They are now distributed by Gitasports, so the support is pretty solid. I have not used and SRM, but they are supposed to be pretty nice as well, although I don't think they give normalized power info.

    By Blogger ask, At 6:11 PM  

  • Negligent smegligent. I'm training with C.C. to "drop my competition." Bring your fitness to the NC in April and we'll talk ;)

    By Blogger rachel, At 10:47 AM  

  • That implies that you are using CC regularly, I think I know better ;-) Leave your fitness in NC and show up at the Cohutta on the 21st of April and we'll see who's got what ;-) I would even pay your entry to throw down with you at that one.

    By Blogger ask, At 11:04 AM  

  • so jamie and i were thinkin'. that happens a lot you know. maybe we could get steve jobs to sponsor us with a fleet of macs to support team blogging.

    By Blogger rachel, At 11:51 PM  

  • Y'know if that were to happen, my blog productivity would increase by 134%

    By Blogger Jamie, At 9:37 AM  

  • I think a photo of you guys jamming to CC should be the first marketing piece we send to Jobs in this effort. You guys crack me up!!

    By Blogger ask, At 11:23 AM  

  • we're working on photos of the Harry Leg Gym. I had some issues with the self-timer and lack of tripod. They're coming.

    By Blogger rachel, At 10:45 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home