Titanium Addiction

Sunday, December 17, 2006

46 hours of Bliss


I left Toledo at 5pm on Thursday headed for a buddies cottage on Lake Charlevoix. This is what my FJ looked like on departure: Two pair of tele skis and my 29er with the associated gear. Goal: 6 for 1 day at Boyne on Friday and a nice mtb ride on Saturday on my way home.

Made it to East Jordan safely and hung with my buddy Blair. We have known each other since 6th grade, so even though we only see each other a couple of times a year, it is always a good time. We woke up Friday to 40 degrees and rain at the cottage. The first contact with Andy Brown was he was driving in rain as well, occasionally getting snowflakes. We headed out for breakfast and made the call to take our ski stuff. Mediocre breakfast was followed by a drive in the rain to Boyne, spirits were down and we were figuring out how to spend our day. We got to the parking lot and called Andy to see where he was - half an hour away. By the time he got there, the rain had stopped and it was time to strap on the boards. It turned out to be a pretty decent day of spring skiing, unfortunately for the Boyne folks, it is only December. We managed to get lots of turns in since the lines were not too bad. Wore ourselves (at least the older legs in the group) by about 3 and called it a day.

Woke up the next morning to a warm and dry day. Closed up the cottage, went to breakfast and then headed south. Uneventful drive. Ground was looking dry enough as I drove south so I stopped off at Brighton Rec. to see how the trails were. They were in mint condition, apparently no rain on them like there was up north. I rode both loops and felt a little sluggish after doing lunges for a few hours the day before on my tele skis. When I finished, it turns out to have been one of my best times ever. Must have been riding better than it felt.

Not a bad couple of days for living in beautiful northwest Ohio!!!! Posted by Picasa

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home