Titanium Addiction

Tuesday, November 07, 2006

Newest Fix

I just received my latest fix yesterday. Sorry for the lack of photos, battery is dead in the camera and this is the only one that I got before I paid attention to that little detail.

Once again a frame by Kent Eriksen. Wanted a little bit snappier bike than my Moots so I worked with Kent on altering a few things toward that end. Slightly steeper seat tube and head tube angles. Shortened up the head tube for aesthetic reasons. As soon as I get the final dimensions, I will post them. As far as the bits and pieces that are coming: SRAM Rival group, Reynolds UL fork, Reynolds carbon bar, Selle Italia SLR saddle, Eriksen post, Ergomo BB and crankset, Reynolds Stratus wheelset, and most likely a moots stem (until Kent comes up with his own).

On another front, also feeding the addiction, but not ti. I have a Vanilla frame on order - unfortunately not due for two years (technically 25 months at this point, but who's counting). I spoke with Sacha yesterday about tubing since I know very little about steel tubing. The conversation was very cool, he is incredibly knowledgeable and very easy to talk to. I am looking forward to working with him on what I visualize as a work of art that I also get to ride and enjoy. You should check out his work http://www.vanillabicycles.com/. I first saw his work in person at Interbike this year. He made a child's tricycle in conjunction with Phil Wood that was amazing. He also had a bike in the Brooks saddle booth that was stunning in its' beauty.

Here's to hoping my training partner wants to go for coffee instead of riding in the rain this morning! Posted by Picasa

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home