Titanium Addiction

Tuesday, October 31, 2006

Why

I must confess to a problem. It is evident by the title of this blog. I like titanium bikes to a degree that is probably not healthy financially. It is a serious issue for me, rather than sticking with road and mtb versions, I took up cyclocross so that I could get another ti bike. I used to scoff at those who had a pair of basketball shoes, a pair of tennis shoes, and another pair of 'casual' tennis shoes. Now I have joined the party, only with specialized titanium bikes. I have tried to explain my problem to people, but very few understand. Those that understand are usually next to me on the starting line in bad weather, ready to race until we drop.

All of my bikes have been built by Kent Eriksen , in my opinion the finest builder of ti bikes on the planet. The quality of the welds combined with his incredible knowledge of the material and its' properties produces a ti bike that is second to none. His ability to manipulate the tubing on the chainstays of my 29er provide plenty of mud clearance for whatever size tire I want to run, unlike many ti 29ers I have seen. The front derailleurs usually look like mud catchers they are so close to the tire.

Is there a ti anonymous program anywhere?

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home