Titanium Addiction

Monday, November 13, 2006

Freezing at the Line


The start of the Munson Park race. My jacket was removed a good 5 minutes too early, need to talk to Dave about telling us how much time until the actual whistle blows so I don't shiver me timbers quite so much. By the way, what is the right way to put on the number? I was advised that mine was on upside down. Seems to me that it is all a matter of perspective.

By far the best part of this race was having my youngest daughter there. In the fog of a race, I usually don't remember hearing people cheering very much. I have very distinct memories of hearing Allison's voice every time I came near the hill. It was awesome!! The other voice that I remember from this race is Dave mentioning at least a couple of times how old I was when he called out my name. Don't know if that is a good or a bad thing. I also remember hearing members of next year's team and that is always cool - just no recollection of specifics, probably telling me to get my a$$ moving.

At the end of the day, I felt like I had a pretty good race. No stupid mistakes or technical problems. Power was good. Hats off to Eric and Taylor for riding good races - Eric in particular. He rode away from us. Taylor is going to be a very good rider if he sticks with it. I had no idea he was as young as he is, turning 14 next month (younger than my youngest daughter). Should I feel good about beating a 13 year old? Would I feel better if he had beaten me? For those keeping score at home, the combined age of 1st and 3rd was still 11 years younger than me. Good, bad, or indifferent, just the facts.

 Posted by Picasa

2 Comments:

  • Your # was upside-down. If you imagine yourself tucked into your cycling position, it should read left to right for a bystander - kind of like the writing on a side panel of a jersey.

    Nice race!

    By Blogger rachel, At 10:22 AM  

  • awesome freak'n race and awesome story. see you at bloomer!

    By Blogger Echelon, At 6:09 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home