Titanium Addiction

Friday, December 29, 2006

16 Year Old Daughters


This is my daughter a few days ago while on vacation in Colorado. She is a classic female teenager in my mind. One minute she is laughing and having a ball (above), the next she is sullen and withdrawn (below). During the week we spent in CO, she went from having a day of fun with me (small miracle) on the slopes, to basically not speaking to anyone the following day. Some day I hope to have a better understanding of just how this happens. Is it hormones? The extra chromosome of a female? My guess is that if I can figure it out, I could become very rich selling how to 'even out' the imbalances of the mood.

Another thing that is funny about my daughter, she has more pictures of herself on her camera than anything or anybody else. She will strike some goofy 'gangsta' (her phrase) pose and snap a picture of herself. The boys in the family we were vacationing with were merciless in their teasing when they learned that one. I don't think they will change her behavior on this one. What she does with the pictures, I have no idea.

Loving 45 degrees and grey skies!! Small caliber weapon anyone?
Posted by Picasa

4 Comments:

  • My sister is the same way. They live in the age of the internet. They see their friends more online than in real life. They need good pics of themselves for their sites I guess. Believe it or not you probably aren't the only one in your family with a blog. Or is she in the myspace age bracket? Facebook? Xanga?

    By Blogger rachel, At 12:28 AM  

  • Actually, i think both daughters have myspace and facebook pages. Between text messaging and instant messaging, not too many phone calls are made any more.

    By Blogger ask, At 3:44 PM  

  • 2+ weeks?

    By Blogger rachel, At 7:28 PM  

  • 12 days to be exact, what's your point? More often than some, less than others.

    By Blogger ask, At 9:52 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home