Titanium Addiction

Sunday, February 18, 2007

Tough Night for a Dad



Last night was the Coming Home dance at the high school my daughters go to. Once upon a day, we referred to this as a Sadie Hawkins Dance, never knew why. Bottom line, girls ask the guys. These are my daughters dressed up for the dance. Yes, these nights make me nervous. I remember my thought process at that age and I don't think todays teenage boys have changed much since then. As I try to explain on a regular basis - 'boys are pigs'. Some of you may try to deny it, but at the end of the day, it is true. Every 7 seconds, teenage boys are thinking about sex. For the 6 seconds in between, they are thinking about thinking about sex.

My youngest daughter ended up not going with her date, he was stuck in Cincinnati at a debate tournament/match/whatever. I dodged a bullet there. She still went to the dance, but without a hound dog on a leash.

My older daughter had asked a seemingly nice young boy. I remember being a seemingly nice young boy at one time, my theory was if I wasn't nice to the parents, I had no chance getting what I really was after. They had dinner at our house with 5 other couples. They were pretty entertaining - girls who couldn't walk in heels and boys in coats and ties (some have to wear them to school every day). They almost didn't make it to the dance - not in any hurry to eat etc., until someone happened to read the 'bid' and realized that if they weren't there by 10pm, they would not be allowed in the dance.

Here is the whole group - I don't think I was the only nervous father!



The next four years are going to be very hard on me.

5 Comments:

  • The first picture made me laugh right away because it looks like Allison has a candelabrum on her head.

    By Blogger rachel, At 3:51 PM  

  • Andy at least your daughters aren't the two in front who are flopping out of their tops...When are turtlenecks going to make a comeback

    By Blogger sworksredace, At 8:50 PM  

  • The dogs seem to be enjoying themselves...

    By Blogger sworksredace, At 8:53 PM  

  • I lobbied hard for the turtleneck and long sleeve look. For some reason I was not invited on the dress shoppin expedition.

    Yes, the dogs love a party.

    By Blogger ask, At 9:35 PM  

  • Ha. In h.s., we had the STRICTEST rules ever at good ol' EBCS for homecoming attire. Funny we even dressed up, because we weren't allowed to dance! (Girating leads to sex, you know.) Anyhow, I once was asked to either leave the afterparty or put on more clothes, because my dress was deemed inappropriate! I left.

    By Blogger rachel, At 10:04 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home