Titanium Addiction

Thursday, February 21, 2008

Something Old, Something New, Something Borrowed.....

Sorry, nothing blue.

Here is my latest acquisition to be put together. It took longer than I would have hoped, but that is the way these things go some times. What is it you say? It is a Bontrager CX frame that I picked up off e-bay. It was made in San Jose and from what I can figure out, in the last year that Bontrager made frames themselves before selling out to the boys in Wisconsin.



I built it up with parts I had around. I know you purists are out there growling that I did not go with 'period' build. Somehow you will have to get over it, it would not have allowed the oh so clever title to this entry. Campy Chorus group, Bontrager Race X Lite cranks, Mavic rims on Chorus hubs, Thomson Seatpost, SLR saddle, and Deda bar.

Something new:



Something borrowed:



In case you are wondering, I borrowed the lovely purple cable hanger. I am waiting for a black one to come in.

Rhetorical question for the day: Why do people like to ride so early in the morning in the winter?

On the good news front - my storage area has been built at my shop. Now my collection of bikes can live in peace without being ridiculed by the other members of my household. "is that a new bike Dad?" is a fine question when asked of me in private, but can cause great troubles when asked in the wrong forum.

5 Comments:

  • How's it ride?

    Congrats on the new off-site storage.

    By Blogger SpeedyChix, At 7:37 AM  

  • It hasn't been out of the basement yet. And from the looks of things today - it may be a while longer yet.

    By Blogger ask, At 8:05 AM  

  • Has been one very real winter...did get out on the road for a ride Sunday!

    But looks like the trainer and I will continue to spend quality time together.

    By Blogger Unknown, At 1:01 PM  

  • Oooh...I like it! So, how many bikes do you have hanging out in your new storage site anyways? :-)

    By Blogger Danielle Musto, At 1:37 PM  

  • 5 at the moment. It will be going up over the next couple of months. On the other hand, it is always one less than I want.

    By Blogger ask, At 9:03 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home