Titanium Addiction

Wednesday, January 16, 2008

Tough - Not so Much

I like to think I am a reasonably tough rider. Able to get through 100 mile mtb races, etc. Lately I have been thinking I can hang with Danielle and Robert in the toughness department. This is my list of why I think I can at least lube their chains for them while they are getting ready for one of their marathon rides:

3.5 hours by myself in the rain/freezing rain
3 hours on wet roads on a windy 40 degree day
3.5 hours on a sub-30 degree day

But somehow none of that compares to riding in my basement. I have the hardest time doing workouts on the computrainer in my basement. I am only capable of at most 2 hours. And for that to happen, I have to really not pay attention to the time. I have learned that action and comedy movies are the best. I tried a 'chick' flick on Tuesday and it was a disaster. I have a problem in my house in that most of the movies we own are chick flicks. Might have something to do with the fact I am the only male mammal in a house of seven. Maybe I need to get some race dvd's or something.

Anybody have any suggestions to work on my mental focus?

Not feeling so creative in the blog department - duh.

2 Comments:

  • You are better than you think you are and you can do more than you think you can.... Really!!

    Start a winter ride series and trick people into riding with you.. Misery loves company..

    By Blogger Robert, At 9:21 PM  

  • It didn't work today. Might have been the 17 degrees and windy. Brighton was a hoot though!

    By Blogger ask, At 3:16 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home