Titanium Addiction

Saturday, December 01, 2007

2nd Trip to Columbus

I made one of the few good decisions of my racing career this weekend. I decided to go to Columbus for a race rather than Waterford for the MI state champs. I think it is going to be a mess tomorrow! Good luck to all taking on the elements - i will be thinking about you while I enjoy Spamalot at the local theater.

The race today was in Upper Arlington at some park - I think it was called Lane Park. It was a tight little course with a lot of off camber turns, a barrier/hill run up, another set of barriers, and a couple of pavement sections. It was pretty fun actually, much better than last weekend in Granville. I raced the A race, and put myself at the back for the start. Since I don't know any of the players, no need to get in anybodies way too early. There were about 15 in the field. It became apparent within the first 1/2 lap that a guy in an Abercrombie & Fitch kit was going to win. He ran away with it. I had a good ride for the most part, with only a couple of small bobbles. I used a couple of guys to make my life easier for a few laps and then passed them. I rode with a couple of guys for probably 5 laps (out of 10 total). I attacked them coming into the bell lap on the start/finish straight and popped one guy on the barier/runup. The other guy was hanging tough until another little up hill where he bobbled and I gapped him off. He then fell in another turn and I rode away for what I think was 5th place. I had wanted to beat the guy that was 4th, but could not quite close down the gap. It was a beautiful sunny and cool day, tomorrow looks like a different story.

Time to start the final count down to nats!

1 Comments:

  • Nice! Congrats on that one.

    Yes, you had much better weather than we'll be seeing. Already an inch of ice pellets here. Lots of wind.

    It might more of a 'race' to get TO the race. Could be real slick on the road and a hard crust of ice over snow for the course.

    By Blogger SpeedyChix, At 10:26 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home