Titanium Addiction

Thursday, December 06, 2007

The Unveiling

Here it is:
Force Group
Bontrager stem, bar and wheels
Eriksen seatpost (what did you think)
Selle Italia SLR saddle
Avid Jagwire cables
TRP Euro X brakes









Things that might change: saddle going to white, losing the jagwire 'covers', and changing from Bruce Gordon cable splitters to DaVinci. Constructive criticism is always appreciated.

I know it's not titanium, but it sure is nice looking in my opinion. I am hoping to ride it a few times before I take it to nats as my backup bike.

4 Comments:

  • Andy, looks sweet! Post an update once you have had a chance to shake it out. This blog thing is pretty cool. I ran across it while trying to find information on your team, Bicilibre. I love the anecdotes and race updates, things only cyclists can relate too. While I am not addicted to titanium, I did buy 3 new bikes this season. That counts for some type of addiction, I think?

    By Blogger DJ, At 5:07 PM  

  • First ride was on the towpath and it was great. No great sense of the handling, but the feel was very good in the snow over the roots/ruts. It is now in KC for nats - hopefully to go unused as my pit bike. There is 1-2 inches of snow/ice on the ground that will make things interesting to say the least.

    Three bikes is getting close to an addiciton - how many next year?

    By Blogger ask, At 10:17 PM  

  • Thanks for the update. I love the feeling of riding a new bike. Hopefully I can see it up close one day, it looks unique. I read about the conditions in KC, yuck. Good luck in the race.

    I do need a mountain bike. I'll start there and see where it takes me.

    dave j -http://thebikeboy.blogspot.com/

    By Blogger DJ, At 2:30 PM  

  • Bike looks cool Andy! I used the Jagwire cables for years without the silly red covers and never had a problem. The way the cable ends are engineered keeps most of the muck out. Looking at the result of your last race though . . . you may need all the help you can get on those cables!

    By Blogger miyata500, At 9:45 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home