Titanium Addiction

Sunday, September 23, 2007

Springfield Oaks CX

A beautiful day in the neighborhood to say the least. This is the site of my first ever cx race, so I had to make it back. For all you nostalgia freaks out there, my first cx race was last year. Still new to this gig, so I am still trying to make my own history. Decided to race Masters this time, discovered that B's don't pay and masters do.... I got to the line and since I am new to the Masters group, don't really know the players just yet. Matt Barolli and Joe Brown are really the only ones I can spot so far. At the line, Joe commented that there was a fair amount of out of town talent in the pool, okay by me.

The whistle blows and we are off. At the end of the first straight, I was 3rd or 4th wheel. By the time we got to the barriers, I was in front. I held that spot until about 1/2 way into the 2nd lap when I was caught by a guy from North Carolina. I grabbed his wheel and we had a nice gap going. The 2nd time through the barriers we were still tight and through the off camber stuff, until the last up hill. I dropped my chain and he dropped me like a bad habit. I could not catch back on. I just rode my race and maintained 2nd to the end. I had a little help from Adam in the 35's and used his wheel on the bell lap straight away as it appeared as if another guy was making up some ground on me. Turns out he flatted and ended up 5th.

Ron took 4th in the 35's and Rachel rode very well for "feeling like she got hit by a car" when she arrived at the venue, taking 7th. A good day for Bicilibre!!

Next reports will come from Sin City and Interbike. Should be good!

Still need to remember my camera.

1 Comments:

  • Does that mean you won't be at Bloomer this weekend? You will want to remember your camera for vegas (for the trade show of course)

    By Blogger sworksredace, At 8:23 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home