Titanium Addiction

Tuesday, June 12, 2007

One Cool Chiquita!!



My morning was spent riding Poto with my favorite training partner. It was a blast this morning! Started out a little bit cool, but we had coffee on the way up. And reserved some for post ride in the awesome thermos - practicing for cx season. Pulled in to the Pickerel Lake lot with no one in sight. The ritual changing ceremony - with the usual laughs, until THE PURSE was allowed out of the bag. Oh my God, too funny! I wasn't sure we were going to be able to get on the bikes. Apparently there is a matching bag owned by another Bicilibre member that is appropriately labeled "Princess". Unfortunately for us, it was the Princess's birthday and she decided to go to the DMV to get her drivers license renewed.

The ride was a hoot! Pretty fast, some sand, flatted my rear tire (knew the tubeless had a hole, but aren't they supposed to seal themselves?). And one deep ass puddle about 40 feet long by upwards of 18-24 inches deep! It was some nasty looking water! Had to talk Rachel through it, but she is not only a Cool Chiquita, she is occassionally tough as well. It wasn't my fastest ride, but was technically sound and I really was primarily after a mechanical shakedown of the ride before Lumberjack.

I have to tell you, RS is getting to be a pretty good dirt rider. If she had a relatively updated bike, I think she could do some damage in races. Might have to let her borrow my 96er after Lumberjack to see how that works for her.

Post ride was a swim in Pickerel Lake. It was BEAUTIFUL!! What a way to end a ride. I need to figure out how to find lakes at the end of all my hot weather rides. Looking forward to doing it again next week! Anybody wants to join, shoot me an e-mail and I will let you know what day. Usually Tuesday or Thursday, but we are not very predictable that way.

I need to figure out how to put links into this thing.

4 Comments:

  • RS' matching ability is also top notch...jersey, helmet, purse, porta-crapper, car door! Holy mutha it's freaking me out!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, At 9:34 AM  

  • Too funny, hadn't even noticed the lovely facility in the background of the pic.

    By Blogger ask, At 10:31 AM  

  • That's pretty funny, the background blues. So it isn't a personal thing you deleted RS blog link? Just a technical oversight?

    HTML code and you'll have nice links.

    By Blogger SpeedyChix, At 10:04 PM  

  • he goes through moods, anne. every time i crush him at poto, he deletes my link. i think he put me back up in hopes he can borrow my purse sometime soon.

    By Blogger rachel, At 12:02 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home